Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective jade has 1 sense
- jade, jade-green - similar to the color of jade; especially varying from bluish green to yellowish green
Antonym: achromatic (indirect, via chromatic)
Noun jade has 4 senses
- jade, jadestone - a semiprecious gemstone that takes a high polish; is usually green but sometimes whitish; consists of jadeite or nephrite
--1 is a kind of opaque gem
- adulteress, fornicatress, hussy, jade, loose woman, slut, strumpet, trollop - a woman adulterer
--2 is a kind of adulterer, fornicator
- jade green, jade - a light green color varying from bluish green to yellowish green
--3 is a kind of green, greenness, viridity
- hack, jade, nag, plug - an old or over-worked horse
--4 is a kind of horse, Equus caballus
Verb jade has 2 senses
- tire, pall, weary, fatigue, jade - get tired of something or somebody
--1 is one way to devolve, deteriorate, drop, degenerate
- tire, wear upon, tire out, wear, weary, jade, wear out, outwear, wear down, fag out, fag, fatigue - exhaust or tire through overuse or great strain or stress; "We wore ourselves out on this hike"
--2 is one way to indispose
Somebody ----s somebody
Something ----s somebody