Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun fag has 2 senses
- fagot, faggot, fag, fairy, nance, pansy, queen, queer, poof, poove, pouf - offensive terms for an openly homosexual man
--1 is a kind of gay man, shirtlifter
- cigarette, cigaret, coffin nail, butt, fag - finely ground tobacco wrapped in paper; for smoking
--2 is a kind of roll of tobacco, smoke
--2 has parts: cigarette butt
--2 has particulars:
Verb fag has 3 senses
- fag - act as a servant for older boys, in British public schools
--1 is one way to serve, attend to, wait on, attend, assist
- labor, labour, toil, fag, travail, grind, drudge, dig, moil - work hard; "She was digging away at her math homework"; "Lexicographers drudge all day long"
--2 is one way to work, do work
Somebody ----s PP
- tire, wear upon, tire out, wear, weary, jade, wear out, outwear, wear down, fag out, fag, fatigue - exhaust or tire through overuse or great strain or stress; "We wore ourselves out on this hike"
--3 is one way to indispose
Somebody ----s somebody
Something ----s somebody