Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun tire has 1 sense
- tire, tyre - hoop that covers a wheel; "automobile tires are usually made of rubber and filled with compressed air"
--1 is a kind of hoop, ring
--1 has particulars:
Verb tire has 4 senses
- tire, pall, weary, fatigue, jade - get tired of something or somebody
--1 is one way to devolve, deteriorate, drop, degenerate
- tire, wear upon, tire out, wear, weary, jade, wear out, outwear, wear down, fag out, fag, fatigue - exhaust or tire through overuse or great strain or stress; "We wore ourselves out on this hike"
--2 is one way to indispose
Antonyms: refresh, freshen, refreshen
Somebody ----s somebody
Something ----s somebody
- run down, exhaust, play out, sap, tire - deplete; "exhaust one's savings"; "We quickly played out our strength"
--3 is one way to consume, eat up, use up, eat, deplete, exhaust, run through, wipe out
Somebody ----s something
- bore, tire - cause to be bored
The performance is likely to tire Sue