Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun horse has 5 senses
- horse, Equus caballus - solid-hoofed herbivorous quadruped domesticated since prehistoric times
--1 is a kind of equine, equid
--1 is a member of Equus, genus Equus
--1 has parts:
--1 has members: foal
--1 has particulars:
| ||roan; stablemate, stable companion; gee-gee; eohippus, dawn horse; mesohippus; protohippus; mare, female horse; saddle horse, riding horse, mount; pony; polo pony; wild horse; hack; hack, jade, nag, plug; pony; racehorse, race horse, bangtail; steeplechaser; stalking-horse; harness horse; workhorse; post horse, poster; pacer; stepper, high stepper; chestnut; liver chestnut; bay; sorrel; palomino; pinto|
- horse - a padded gymnastic apparatus on legs
--2 is a kind of gymnastic apparatus, exerciser
--2 has particulars:
- cavalry, horse cavalry, horse - troops trained to fight on horseback; "500 horse led the attack"
--3 is a kind of military personnel, soldiery, troops
--3 has members: cavalryman, trooper
- sawhorse, horse, sawbuck, buck - a framework for holding wood that is being sawed
--4 is a kind of framework, frame, framing
--4 has particulars: trestle
- knight, horse - a chessman in the shape of a horse's head; can move two squares horizontally and one vertically (or vice versa)
--5 is a kind of chessman, chess piece