Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun information has 5 senses
- information, info - a message received and understood
--1 is a kind of message, content, subject matter, substance
--1 has particulars:
| ||ammunition; factoid; misinformation; material; details, inside information; fact; format, formatting, data format, data formatting; gen; database; news, intelligence, tidings, word; news; nuts and bolts; intelligence, intelligence information; confirmation; insider information; secret, arcanum; secret; propaganda; course of study, program, programme, curriculum, syllabus; news; evidence; tabulation, tabular matter; skinny; stuff; report card, report|
- data, information - a collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn; "statistical data"
--2 is a kind of collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
--2 has particulars: accounting data; metadata; raw data
- information - knowledge acquired through study or experience or instruction
--3 is a kind of cognition, knowledge, noesis
--3 has particulars:
| ||datum, data point; acquaintance, familiarity, conversance, conversancy; fact; example, illustration, instance, representative; circumstance, condition, consideration; background, background knowledge; descriptor; evidence, grounds; predictor; tip-off; stimulation, stimulus, stimulant, input|
- information, selective information, entropy - (communication theory) a numerical measure of the uncertainty of an outcome; "the signal contained thousands of bits of information"
--4 is a kind of information measure
- information - formal accusation of a crime
--5 is a kind of accusation, accusal