Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun intelligence has 5 senses
- intelligence - the ability to comprehend; to understand and profit from experience
--1 is a kind of ability, power
--1 has particulars:
| ||mind, intellect; breadth, comprehensiveness; nonverbal intelligence; verbal intelligence; brain, brainpower, learning ability, mental capacity, mentality, wit; mental quickness, quickness, quick-wittedness; brilliance, genius; precociousness, precocity; acuteness, acuity, sharpness, keenness; brightness, cleverness, smartness; shrewdness, astuteness, perspicacity, perspicaciousness; wits, marbles|
- intelligence, intelligence service, intelligence agency - a unit responsible for gathering and interpreting information about an enemy
--2 is a kind of administrative unit, administrative body
--2 has particulars:
- intelligence, intelligence information - secret information about an enemy (or potential enemy); "we sent out planes to gather intelligence on their radar coverage"
--3 is a kind of information, info
--3 has particulars: military intelligence
- news, intelligence, tidings, word - new information about specific and timely events; "they awaited news of the outcome"
--4 is a kind of information, info
--4 has particulars: good word; update
- intelligence, intelligence activity, intelligence operation - the operation of gathering information about an enemy
--5 is a kind of information gathering
--5 has particulars: