Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective healing has 1 sense
- curative, healing, alterative, remedial, sanative, therapeutic - tending to cure or restore to health; "curative powers of herbal remedies"; "her gentle healing hand"; "remedial surgery"; "a sanative environment of mountains and fresh air"; "a therapeutic agent"; "therapeutic diets"
Antonym: unhealthful (indirect, via healthful)
Noun healing has 1 sense
- healing - the natural process by which the body repairs itself
--1 is a kind of bodily process, body process, bodily function, activity
--1 has particulars:
Verb heal has 3 senses
- mend, heal - heal or recover; "My broken leg is mending"
--1 is one way to better, improve, ameliorate, meliorate
- heal - get healthy again; "The wound is healing slowly"
--2 is one way to better, improve, ameliorate, meliorate
Somebody's (body part) ----s
- bring around, cure, heal - provide a cure for, make healthy again; "The treatment cured the boy's acne"; "The quack pretended to heal patients but never managed to"
--3 is one way to help, aid
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody