Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun harvest has 4 senses
- crop, harvest - the yield from plants in a single growing season
--1 is a kind of output, yield
--1 has particulars: cash crop; catch crop; cover crop; fruitage; root crop
- harvest - the consequence of an effort or activity; "they gathered a harvest of examples"; "a harvest of love"
--2 is a kind of consequence, effect, outcome, result, event, issue, upshot
- harvest, harvesting, harvest home - the gathering of a ripened crop
--3 is a kind of gather, gathering
--3 has particulars: haying
- harvest, harvest time - the season for gathering crops
--4 is a kind of season, time of year
--4 is a part of farming, agriculture, husbandry
Verb harvest has 2 senses
- reap, harvest, glean - gather, as of natural products; "harvest the grapes"
--1 is one way to gather, garner, collect, pull together
They harvest rye in the field
- harvest - remove from a culture or a living or dead body, as for the purposes of transplantation; "The Chinese are said to harvest organs from executed criminals"
--2 is one way to remove, take, take away, withdraw
Somebody ----s something