Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun gift has 3 senses
- gift - something acquired without compensation
--1 is a kind of acquisition
--1 has particulars:
- endowment, gift, talent, natural endowment - natural qualities or talents
--2 is a kind of natural ability
--2 has particulars: bent, knack, hang; flair, genius; raw talent
- giving, gift - the act of giving
--3 is a kind of sharing, share-out
--3 has particulars:
Verb gift has 2 senses
- endow, indue, gift, empower, invest, endue - give qualities or abilities to
--1 is one way to enable
Somebody ----s somebody with something
- give, gift, present - give as a present; make a gift of; "What will you give her for her birthday?"
Somebody ----s somebody something
Somebody ----s something to somebody