Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun contribution has 5 senses
- contribution, part, share - any one of a number of individual efforts in a common endeavor; "I am proud of my contribution to the team's success"; "they all did their share of the work"
--1 is a kind of attempt, effort, endeavor, endeavour, try
--1 has particulars: end
- contribution, donation - a voluntary gift (as of money or service or ideas) made to some worthwhile cause
--2 is a kind of gift
--2 has particulars:
- contribution, donation - act of giving in common with others for a common purpose especially to a charity
--3 is a kind of giving, gift
--3 has particulars: subscription
- contribution - an amount of money contributed; "he expected his contribution to be repaid with interest"
--4 is a kind of sum, sum of money, amount, amount of money
- contribution - a writing for publication especially one of a collection of writings as an article or story
--5 is a kind of publication, publishing