Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun cork has 5 senses
- cork - outer bark of the cork oak; used for stoppers for bottles etc.
--1 is a kind of bark; plant material
- phellem, cork - (botany) outer tissue of bark; a protective layer of dead cells
--2 is a kind of bark
- Cork - a port city in southern Ireland
--3 is a kind of city, metropolis, urban center; port; Ireland, Eire, Irish Free State
- cork - the plug in the mouth of a bottle (especially a wine bottle)
--4 is a kind of plug, stopper, stopple
--4 is a part of wine bottle
- bob, bobber, cork, bobfloat - a small float usually made of cork; attached to a fishing line
--5 is a kind of float
--5 is a member of