Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun bob has 7 senses
- British shilling, shilling, bob - a former monetary unit in Great Britain
--1 is a kind of British monetary unit
--1 has parts: cent
- bob - a hair style for women and children; a short haircut all around
--2 is a kind of hairdo, hair style, coiffure
- bobsled, bobsleigh, bob - a long racing sled (for 2 or more people) with a steering mechanism
--3 is a kind of sled, sledge, sleigh
- bob - a hanging weight, especially a metal ball on a string
--4 is a kind of weight
--4 is a part of pendulum
--4 has particulars: kite tail; plumb bob, plumb, plummet; sounding lead
- bob, bobber, cork, bobfloat - a small float usually made of cork; attached to a fishing line
--5 is a kind of float
--5 is a member of
- bobtail, bob, dock - a short or shortened tail of certain animals
--6 is a kind of tail
- bob - a short abrupt inclination (as of the head); "he gave me a short bob of acknowledgement"
--7 is a kind of inclination, inclining
Verb bob has 5 senses
- bob - move up and down repeatedly; "her rucksack bobbed gently on her back"
--1 is one way to move
- bobsled, bob - ride a bobsled; "The boys bobbed down the hill screaming with pleasure"
--2 is one way to sled, sleigh
Somebody ----s PP
- dock, tail, bob - remove or shorten the tail of an animal
--3 is one way to cut
Somebody ----s something
- curtsy, bob - make a curtsy; usually done only by girls and women; as a sign of respect; "She curtsied when she shook the Queen's hand"
--4 is one way to greet, recognize, recognise
- bob - cut hair in the style of a bob; "Bernice bobs her hair these days!"
--5 is one way to dress, arrange, set, do, coif, coiffe, coiffure
They bob their hair