Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun tackle has 5 senses
- tackle - the person who plays that position on a football team; "the right tackle is a straight A student"
--1 is a kind of lineman
- rigging, tackle - gear consisting of ropes etc. supporting a ship's masts and sails
--2 is a kind of gear, paraphernalia, appurtenances
- fishing gear, tackle, fishing tackle, fishing rig, rig - gear used in fishing
--3 is a kind of gear, paraphernalia, appurtenances
--3 has parts: gig
--3 has members:
- tackle - a position on the line of scrimmage; "it takes a big man to play tackle"
--4 is a kind of lineman
--4 is a member of football team, eleven
- tackle - (American football) grasping an opposing player with the intention of stopping by throwing to the ground
--5 is a kind of football play