Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective conservative has 5 senses
- conservative - resistant to change
Antonyms: liberal, civil-libertarian, liberalistic, neoliberal, progressive, reformist, reform-minded, socialized, socialised, welfarist, welfare-statist
- conservative - opposed to liberal reforms
Antonym: left (indirect, via center, right)
Antonym: center (indirect, via right, left)
- cautious, conservative - avoiding excess; "a conservative estimate"
Antonym: immoderate (indirect, via moderate)
- button-down, buttoned-down, conservative - unimaginatively conventional; "a colorful character in the buttoned-down, dull-gray world of business"- Newsweek
Antonym: unconventional (indirect, via conventional)
- bourgeois, conservative, materialistic - conforming to the standards and conventions of the middle class; "a bourgeois mentality"
Antonym: upper-class (indirect, via lower-class, middle-class)
Antonyms: lower-class, low-class (indirect, via middle-class, upper-class)