Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Adjective progressive has 5 senses
- progressive - favoring or promoting progress; "progressive schools"
Antonyms: regressive, atavistic, throwback, retrograde, retrogressive, returning, reverting, unmodernized, unmodernised
- progressive, reformist, reform-minded - favoring or promoting reform (often by government action)
Antonym: conservative (indirect, via liberal)
- progressive - (of taxes) adjusted so that the rate increases as the amount increases
Antonyms: regressive, flat, fixed, graduated
- progressive - gradually advancing in extent
Antonym: decreasing (indirect, via increasing)
- progressive - advancing in severity; "progressive paralysis"
Antonym: inactive (indirect, via active)