Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective cautious has 4 senses
- cautious - showing careful forethought; "reserved and cautious; never making swift decisions"; "a cautious driver"
Antonyms: incautious, hotheaded, impulsive, impetuous, madcap, tearaway, brainish
- cautious, conservative - avoiding excess; "a conservative estimate"
Antonym: immoderate (indirect, via moderate)
- cautious - cautious in attitude and careful in actions; prudent; "a cautious answer"; "very cautious about believing everything she was told"
Antonym: careless (indirect, via careful)
- cautious - unwilling to take risks
Antonyms: adventurous, adventuresome (indirect, via unadventurous)
Noun cautious has 1 sense
- timid, cautious - people who are fearful and cautious; "whitewater rafting is not for the timid"
--1 is a kind of people