Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun club has 7 senses
- baseball club, ball club, club, nine - a team of professional baseball players who play and travel together; "each club played six home games with teams in its own division"
--1 is a kind of baseball team
--1 is a member of baseball league
- club, society, guild, gild, lodge, order - a formal association of people with similar interests; "he joined a golf club"; "they formed a small lunch society"; "men from the fraternal order will staff the soup kitchen today"
--2 is a kind of association
--2 has members: club member
--2 has particulars:
- club - stout stick that is larger at one end; "he carried a club in self defense"; "he felt as if he had been hit with a club"
--3 is a kind of stick
--3 has particulars:
- clubhouse, club - a building occupied by a club; "the clubhouse needed a new roof"
--4 is a kind of building, edifice
--4 has parts: clubroom; reading room
- golf club, golf-club, club - golf equipment used by a golfer to hit a golf ball
--5 is a kind of golf equipment
--5 has parts: golf-club head, club head, club-head, clubhead
--5 has particulars: iron; wood
- club - a playing card in the minor suit of clubs (having one or more black trefoils on it); "he led a small club"; "clubs were trumps"
--6 is a kind of playing card
--6 is a member of minor suit
- cabaret, nightclub, club, nightspot - a spot that is open late at night and that provides entertainment (as singers or dancers) as well as dancing and food and drink; "don't expect a good meal at a cabaret"; "the gossip columnist got his information by visiting nightclubs every night"; "he played the drums at a jazz club"
--7 is a kind of spot
--7 has particulars: honkytonk, dive; supper club