Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun chorus has 5 senses
- chorus - any utterance produced simultaneously by a group; "a chorus of boos"
--1 is a kind of sound
- chorus - a group of people assembled to sing together
--2 is a kind of musical organization, musical organisation, musical group
--2 has particulars: choir
- refrain, chorus - the part of a song where a soloist is joined by a group of singers
--3 is a kind of music
--3 is a part of song
--3 has particulars: tra-la, tra-la-la
- chorus, chorus line - a body of dancers or singers who perform together
--4 is a kind of line
--4 has members: chorus girl, showgirl, chorine
--4 has particulars: corps de ballet, ensemble
- chorus, Greek chorus - a company of actors who comment (by speaking or singing in unison) on the action in a classical Greek play
--5 is a kind of company, troupe