Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective timid has 4 senses
- timid - showing fear and lack of confidence
Antonyms: bold, audacious, brave, dauntless, fearless, intrepid, unfearing, brash, daredevil, temerarious, emboldened, foolhardy, rash, reckless, heroic, heroical, nervy, overreaching, vaulting, overvaliant, venturesome
- timid - contemptibly timid
Antonyms: manly, manful, manlike (indirect, via unmanly)
- diffident, shy, timid, unsure - lacking self-confidence; "stood in the doorway diffident and abashed"; "problems that call for bold not timid responses"; "a very unsure young man"
Antonym: confident (indirect, via unconfident)
- faint, fainthearted, timid - lacking conviction or boldness or courage; "faint heart ne'er won fair lady"
Antonyms: brave, courageous, fearless (indirect, via cowardly)
Noun timid has 1 sense
- timid, cautious - people who are fearful and cautious; "whitewater rafting is not for the timid"
--1 is a kind of people