Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Adjective boss has 1 sense
- boss, brag - exceptionally good; "a boss hand at carpentry"; "his brag cornfield"
Antonym: inferior (indirect, via superior)
Noun boss has 5 senses
- foreman, chief, gaffer, honcho, boss - a person who exercises control over workers; "if you want to leave early you have to ask the foreman"
--1 is a kind of supervisor
--1 has particulars: baas; ganger; straw boss, assistant foreman
- boss, hirer - a person responsible for hiring workers; "the boss hired three more men for the new job"
--2 is a kind of employer
--2 has particulars: guvnor; old man
- boss - a person who exercises control and makes decisions; "he is his own boss now"
--3 is a kind of leader
--3 has particulars: drug baron, drug lord
- party boss, political boss, boss - a leader in a political party who controls votes and dictates appointments; "party bosses have a reputation for corruption"
--4 is a kind of politician, politico, pol, political leader
- knob, boss - a circular rounded projection or protuberance
--5 is a kind of projection
--5 has particulars: knobble; nailhead
Verb boss has 1 sense
- emboss, boss, stamp - raise in a relief; "embossed stationary"
--1 is one way to impress, imprint
Somebody ----s something