Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun uplift has 2 senses
- upheaval, uplift, upthrow, upthrust - (geology) a rise of land to a higher elevation (as in the process of mountain building)
--1 is a kind of rise, rising, ascent, ascension
- uplift - a brassiere that lifts and supports the breasts
--2 is a kind of brassiere, bra, bandeau
Verb uplift has 3 senses
- elate, lift up, uplift, pick up, intoxicate - fill with high spirits; fill with optimism; "Music can uplift your spirits"
--1 is one way to stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir
The good news will uplift her
The performance is likely to uplift Sue
- uplift - lift up from the earth, as by geologic forces; "the earth's movement uplifted this part of town"
--2 is one way to rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
- uplift - lift up or elevate
--3 is one way to push up
Something ----s something