Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun acceptance has 7 senses
- credence, acceptance - the mental attitude that something is believable and should be accepted as true; "he gave credence to the gossip"; "acceptance of Newtonian mechanics was unquestioned for 200 years"
--1 is a kind of attitude, mental attitude
--1 has particulars: recognition
- adoption, acceptance, acceptation, espousal - the act of accepting with approval; favorable reception; "its adoption by society"; "the proposal found wide acceptance"
--2 is a kind of blessing, approval, approving
--2 has particulars: embrace, bosom
- acceptance - the state of being acceptable and accepted; "torn jeans received no acceptance at the country club"
--3 is a kind of situation, state of affairs
--3 has particulars:
- acceptance - (contract law) words signifying consent to the terms of an offer (thereby creating a contract)
--4 is a kind of assent, acquiescence
- acceptance, banker's acceptance - banking: a time draft drawn on and accepted by a bank
--5 is a kind of draft, bill of exchange, order of payment
- toleration, acceptance, sufferance - a disposition to tolerate or accept people or situations; "all people should practice toleration and live together in peace"
--6 is a kind of permissiveness, tolerance
--6 has particulars: self acceptance
- acceptance - the act of taking something that is offered; "her acceptance of the gift encouraged him"; "he anticipated their acceptance of his offer"
--7 is a kind of acquisition