Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun vote has 5 senses
- vote, ballot, voting, balloting - a choice that is made by voting; "there were only 17 votes in favor of the motion"
--1 is a kind of choice, selection, option, pick
--1 has particulars:
- vote - the opinion of a group as determined by voting; "they put the question to a vote"
--2 is a kind of group action
--2 has particulars: plebiscite; referendum; election
- right to vote, vote, suffrage - a legal right guaranteed by the 15th amendment to the US constitution; guaranteed to women by the 19th amendment; "American women got the vote in 1920"
--3 is a kind of franchise, enfranchisement
- vote - a body of voters who have the same interests; "he failed to get the Black vote"
--4 is a kind of body
--4 is a member of electorate
- vote, voter turnout - the total number of votes cast; "they are hoping for a large vote"
--5 is a kind of numerical quantity