Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun turkey has 6 senses
- turkey, Meleagris gallopavo - large gallinaceous bird with fan-shaped tail; widely domesticated for food
--1 is a kind of domestic fowl, fowl, poultry
--1 is a member of Meleagris, genus Meleagris
--1 has particulars: turkey cock, gobbler, tom, tom turkey
- Turkey, Republic of Turkey - a Eurasian republic in Asia Minor and the Balkans; achieved independence from the Ottoman Empire in 1923
--2 is a kind of country, state, land
--2 is a part of
--2 is a member of North Atlantic Treaty Organization, NATO
--2 has parts:
--2 has members: Turk
| ||Edirne, Adrianople, Adrianopolis; Kurdistan; Abydos; Adana, Seyhan; Ankara, Turkish capital, capital of Turkey; Antalya, Adalia; Antioch, Antakya, Antakiya; Dardanelles, Hellespont; Istanbul, Stambul, Stamboul, Constantinople; Bursa, Brusa; Izmir, Smyrna; Pergamum; Sardis; Aegospotami, Aegospotamos; Ararat, Mount Ararat, Mt. Ararat; Aras, Araxes; Bosporus; Euphrates, Euphrates River; Seyhan, Seyhan River; Tigris, Tigris River|
- joker, turkey - a person who does something thoughtless or annoying; "some joker is blocking the driveway"
--3 is a kind of unpleasant person, disagreeable person
- turkey - flesh of large domesticated fowl usually roasted
--4 is a kind of poultry
--4 has parts: breast, white meat; turkey wing
- turkey, bomb, dud - an event that fails badly or is totally ineffectual; "the first experiment was a real turkey"; "the meeting was a dud as far as new business was concerned"
--5 is a kind of flop, bust
- ocellated turkey, Agriocharis ocellata, turkey - wild turkey of Central America and northern South America
--6 is a kind of gallinaceous bird, gallinacean
--6 is a member of Agriocharis, genus Agriocharis