Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun trumping has 1 sense
- ruff, trumping - the act of taking a trick with a trump when unable to follow suit
--1 is a kind of turn, play
--1 is a part of bridge
Verb trump has 4 senses
- trump - produce a sound as if from a trumpet
--1 is one way to sound, go
- outdo, outflank, trump, best, scoop - get the better of; "the goal was to best the competition"
--2 is one way to beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
The fighter managed to trump his opponent
- trump, ruff - play a trump
--3 is one way to move, go
- trump, trump out - proclaim or announce with or as if with a fanfare
--4 is one way to announce, denote
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s that CLAUSE