Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun tide has 3 senses
- tide - the periodic rise and fall of the sea level under the gravitational pull of the moon
--1 is a kind of periodic event, recurrent event
--1 has parts:
--1 has particulars:
- tide - something that may increase or decrease (like the tides of the sea); "a rising tide of popular interest"
--2 is a kind of variation, fluctuation
- tide, lunar time period - there are usually two high and two low tides each day
--3 is a kind of time period, period of time, period
Verb tide has 3 senses
- tide, surge - rise or move foward; "surging waves"
--1 is one way to run, flow, feed, course
Antonyms: ebb, ebb away, ebb down, ebb out, ebb off
- tide - cause to float with the tide
--2 is one way to float
Something ----s something
- tide - be carried with the tide
--3 is one way to float, drift, be adrift, blow
Something is ----ing PP