Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Adjective steep has 3 senses
- steep - having a sharp inclination; "the steep attic stairs"; "steep cliffs"
Antonyms: gradual, easy, gentle, sloping
- exorbitant, extortionate, outrageous, steep, unconscionable, usurious - greatly exceeding bounds of reason or moderation; "exorbitant rent"; "extortionate prices"; "spends an outrageous amount on entertainment"; "usorious interest rate"; "unconscionable spending"
Antonym: moderate (indirect, via immoderate)
- steep - of a slope; set at a high angle; "note the steep incline"; "a steep roof sheds snow"
Antonym: low (indirect, via high)
Noun steep has 1 sense
- steep - a steep place (as on a hill)
--1 is a kind of descent, declivity, fall, decline, declination, declension, downslope
Verb steep has 2 senses
- steep, immerse, engulf, plunge, engross, absorb, soak up - engross (oneself) fully; "He immersed himself into his studies"
--1 is one way to concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet
Somebody ----s somebody
Somebody ----s somebody PP
- steep, infuse - let sit in a liquid to extract a flavor or to cleanse; "steep the blossoms in oil"; "steep the fruit in alcohol"
--2 is one way to soak, imbue
Somebody ----s something