Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun rivet has 2 senses
- stud, rivet - ornament consisting of a circular rounded protuberance (as on a vault or shield or belt)
--1 is a kind of decoration, ornament, ornamentation
- rivet - heavy pin having a head at one end and the other end being hammered flat after being passed through holes in the pieces that are fastened together
--2 is a kind of pin
--2 has part: clinch
Verb rivet has 3 senses
- concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet - direct one's attention on something; "Please focus on your studies and not on your hobbies"
--1 is one way to think, cogitate, cerebrate
Somebody ----s on something
- rivet - fasten with a rivet or rivets
--2 is one way to fasten, fix, secure
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s something PP
- rivet - hold (someone's attention); "The discovery of the skull riveted the paleontologists"
--3 is one way to absorb, engross, engage, occupy
Something ----s somebody
Something ----s something