Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun sin has 6 senses
- sin, sinfulness, wickedness - estrangement from god
--1 is a kind of unrighteousness
--1 has particulars: mark of Cain
- sin, sinning - an act that is regarded by theologians as a transgression of God's will
--2 is a kind of transgression, evildoing
--2 has particulars:
- sine, sin - ratio of the opposite side to the hypotenuse of a right-angled triangle
--3 is a kind of trigonometric function, circular function
- Sin - (Akkadian) god of the moon; counterpart of Sumerian Nanna
--4 is a kind of Semitic deity
- sin - the 21st letter of the Hebrew alphabet
--5 is a kind of letter, letter of the alphabet, alphabetic character
--5 is a part of Hebrew alphabet, Hebraic alphabet, Hebrew script
- sin, hell - violent and excited activity; "they began to fight like sin"
--6 is a kind of activity
Verb sin has 2 senses
- sin, transgress, trespass - commit a sin; violate a law of God or a moral law
--1 is one way to transgress, offend, infract, violate, go against, breach, break
- sin, blunder, boob, goof - commit a faux pas or a fault or make a serious mistake; "I blundered during the job interview"
--2 is one way to transgress, offend, infract, violate, go against, breach, break
Somebody ----s PP