Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun sequence has 5 senses
- sequence - serial arrangement in which things follow in logical order or a recurrent pattern; "the sequence of names was alphabetical"; "he invented a technique to determine the sequence of base pairs in DNA"
--1 is a kind of series
--1 has particulars:
- sequence, chronological sequence, succession, successiveness, chronological succession - a following of one thing after another in time; "the doctor saw a sequence of patients"
--2 is a kind of temporal arrangement, temporal order
--2 has particulars: rain, pelting; rotation; row; run
- sequence, episode - film consisting of a succession of related shots that develop a given subject in a movie
--3 is a kind of film, photographic film
--3 is a part of
- succession, sequence - the action of following in order; "he played the trumps in sequence"
--4 is a kind of order, ordering
--4 has particulars: alternation
- sequence - several repetitions of a melodic phrase in different keys
--5 is a kind of repeat, repetition