Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun film has 5 senses
- movie, film, picture, moving picture, moving-picture show, motion picture, motion-picture show, picture show, pic, flick - a form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement; "they went to a movie every Saturday night"; "the film was shot on location"
--1 is a kind of show
--1 has parts:
--1 has particulars:
- film, cinema, celluloid - a medium that disseminates moving pictures; "theater pieces transferred to celluloid"; "this story would be good cinema"; "film coverage of sporting events"
--2 is a kind of medium
--2 has particulars: silver screen
- film - a thin coating or layer; "the table was covered with a film of dust"
--3 is a kind of object, physical object
--3 has particulars: scum; slick; soap film
- film, plastic film - a thin sheet of (usually plastic and usually transparent) material used to wrap or cover things
--4 is a kind of sheet, flat solid; wrapping, wrap, wrapper
--4 has particulars: Polaroid
- film, photographic film - photographic material consisting of a base of celluloid covered with a photographic emulsion; used to make negatives or transparencies
--5 is a kind of photographic paper, photographic material
--5 has particulars: