Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun quiver has 4 senses
- frisson, shiver, chill, quiver, shudder, thrill, tingle - an almost pleasurable sensation of fright; "a frisson of surprise shot through him"
--1 is a kind of fear, fearfulness, fright
- shaking, shakiness, trembling, quiver, quivering, vibration, palpitation - a shaky motion; "the shaking of his fingers as he lit his pipe"
--2 is a kind of motion
--2 has particulars: tremolo; tremor
- quiver - case for holding arrows
--3 is a kind of case
- vibration, quiver, quivering - the act of vibrating
--4 is a kind of motion, movement, move, motility
--4 has particulars: tremor, shudder
Verb quiver has 3 senses
- quiver, quake, palpitate - shake with fast, tremulous movements; "His nostrils palpitated"
--1 is one way to tremble
- flicker, waver, flitter, flutter, quiver - move back and forth very rapidly; "the candle flickered"
--2 is one way to move back and forth
The crowds quiver in the streets
The streets quiver with crowds
- pulsate, beat, quiver - move with or as if with a regular alternating motion; "the city pulsated with music and excitement"
--3 is one way to move