Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun quest has 2 senses
- pursuit, pursuance, quest - a search for an alternative that meets cognitive criteria; "the pursuit of love"; "life is more than the pursuance of fame"; "a quest for wealth"
--1 is a kind of search
--1 has particulars: wild-goose chase
- quest, seeking - the act of searching for something; "a quest for diamonds"
--2 is a kind of search, hunt, hunting
Verb quest has 5 senses
- quest - make a search (for); "Things that die with their eyes open and questing"; "The animal came questing through the forest"
--1 is one way to seek
- quest - search the trail of (game); "The dog went off and quested"
--2 is one way to chase, chase after, trail, tail, tag, give chase, dog, go after, track
- bay, quest - bark with prolonged noises, of dogs
--3 is one way to bark
- quest - seek alms, as for religious purposes
--4 is one way to solicit, beg, tap
- request, bespeak, call for, quest - express the need or desire for; ask for; "She requested an extra bed in her room"; "She called for room service"
--5 is one way to communicate, pass on, pass, put across
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody