Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun panel has 7 senses
- panel - sheet that forms a distinct (usually flat) section or component of something
--1 is a kind of sheet, flat solid
--1 has particulars:
- jury, panel - a committee appointed to judge a competition
--2 is a kind of committee, commission
- panel, venire - (law) a group of people summoned for jury service (from whom a jury will be chosen)
--3 is a kind of body
- panel - a group of people gathered for a special purpose as to plan or discuss an issue or judge a contest etc
--4 is a kind of body
--4 has members: panelist, panellist
- panel - a pad placed under a saddle
--5 is a kind of pad
- dialog box, panel - (computer science) a small temporary window in a graphical user interface that appears in order to request information from the user; after the information has been provided the user dismisses the box with `okay' or `cancel'
--6 is a kind of window
--6 is a part of graphical user interface, GUI
- control panel, instrument panel, control board, board, panel - electrical device consisting of an insulated panel containing switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices; "he checked the instrument panel"; "suddenly the board lit up like a Christmas tree"
--7 is a kind of electrical device
--7 has parts: idiot light
--7 has particulars: dashboard
Verb panel has 2 senses
- panel - decorate with panels; "panel the walls with wood"
--1 is one way to decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
Somebody ----s something
- empanel, impanel, panel - select from a list; "empanel prospective jurors"
--2 is one way to choose, take, select, pick out
Somebody ----s somebody