Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective orphan has 1 sense
- orphan, orphaned - deprived of parents by death or desertion
Antonym: parented (indirect, via unparented)
Noun orphan has 4 senses
- orphan - a child who has lost both parents
--1 is a kind of child, kid, youngster, minor, shaver, nipper, small fry, tiddler, tike, tyke, fry, nestling
- orphan - someone or something who lacks support or care or supervision
--2 is a kind of person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, human, soul
- orphan - the first line of a paragraph that is set as the last line of a page or column
--3 is a kind of line
- orphan - a young animal without a mother
--4 is a kind of young, offspring