Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun kid has 5 senses
- child, kid, youngster, minor, shaver, nipper, small fry, tiddler, tike, tyke, fry, nestling - a young person of either sex; "she writes books for children"; "they're just kids"; "`tiddler' is a British term for youngsters"
--1 is a kind of juvenile, juvenile person
--1 has parts: child's body
--1 has particulars:
| ||bairn; buster; changeling; child prodigy, infant prodigy, wonder child; foster-child, fosterling; imp, scamp, monkey, rascal, rapscallion, scalawag, scallywag; kiddy; orphan; peanut; pickaninny, piccaninny, picaninny; poster child; preschooler; silly; sprog; toddler, yearling, tot, bambino; urchin; waif, street child|
- kid, kidskin - soft smooth leather from the hide of a young goat; "kid gloves"
--2 is a kind of leather
- Kyd, Kid, Thomas Kyd, Thomas Kid - English dramatist (1558-1594)
--3 is a kind of dramatist, playwright
- child, kid - a human offspring (son or daughter) of any age; "they had three children"; "they were able to send their kids to college"
--4 is a kind of offspring, progeny, issue
--4 is a member of family, family unit
--4 has particulars:
- kid - young goat
--5 is a kind of goat, caprine animal
Verb kid has 2 senses
- pull the leg of, kid - tell false information to for fun; "Are you pulling my leg?"
--1 is one way to gull, dupe, slang, befool, cod, fool, put on, take in, put one over, put one across
Somebody ----s somebody
- kid, chaff, jolly, josh, banter - be silly or tease one another; "After we relaxed, we just kidded around"
--2 is one way to tease, razz, rag, cod, tantalize, tantalise, bait, taunt, twit, rally, ride
=> Somebody ----s somebody