Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun mail has 5 senses
- mail - the bags of letters and packages that are transported by the postal service
--1 is a kind of message
--1 has parts: letter, missive
--1 has particulars:
- mail, mail service, postal service, post - the system whereby messages are transmitted via the post office; "the mail handles billions of items every day"; "he works for the United States mail service"; "in England they call mail `the post'"
--2 is a kind of communication, communicating
--2 has particulars: airmail, airpost; snail mail
- mail - a conveyance that transports mail
--3 is a kind of conveyance, transport
- mail, post - any particular collection of letters or packages that is delivered; "your mail is on the table"; "is there any post for me?"; "she was opening her post"
--4 is a kind of collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
--4 has particulars: fan mail; hate mail; mailing
- chain mail, ring mail, mail, chain armor, chain armour, ring armor, ring armour - (Middle Ages) flexible armor made of interlinked metal rings
--5 is a kind of body armor, body armour, suit of armor, suit of armour, coat of mail, cataphract
--5 has particulars:
Verb mail has 2 senses
- mail, get off - send via the postal service; "I'll mail you the check tomorrow"
--1 is one way to send, send out
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody something
Somebody ----s something to somebody
- mail, post, send - cause to be directed or transmitted to another place; "send me your latest results"; "I'll mail you the paper when it's written"
--2 is one way to transfer
They mail the parcel to their parents
They mail them the parcel