Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun lull has 2 senses
- letup, lull - a pause during which things are calm or activities are diminished; "there was never a letup in the noise"
--1 is a kind of pause, intermission, break, interruption, suspension
- lull, quiet - a period of calm weather; "there was a lull in the storm"
--2 is a kind of calmness
Verb lull has 3 senses
- lull - calm by deception; "Don't let yourself be lulled into a false state of security"
--1 is one way to calm, calm down, quiet, tranquilize, tranquillize, tranquillise, quieten, lull, still
Somebody ----s somebody
Something ----s somebody
- lull, calm down - become quiet or less intensive; "the fighting lulled for a moment"
--2 is one way to hush, quieten, silence, still, shut up, hush up
- calm, calm down, quiet, tranquilize, tranquillize, tranquillise, quieten, lull, still - make calm or still; "quiet the dragons of worry and fear"
--3 is one way to comfort, soothe, console, solace
The performance is likely to lull Sue