Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Definitions from WordNet
Noun wench has 1 sense
- dame, doll, wench, skirt, chick, bird - informal terms for a (young) woman
--1 is a kind of girl, miss, missy, young lady, young woman, fille
Definitions from the Web
Wench, primarily a noun, refers to a term often used historically to describe a young woman or a female servant. It can also be used as a verb to mean to work as a servant or a barmaid. Additionally, in modern times, it can be used colloquially to refer to a seductive or promiscuous woman.
- A young woman or female servant.
- To work as a servant or a barmaid.
- Used colloquially to refer to a seductive or promiscuous woman.
Possible parts of speech:
- The wench served tea to the guests.
- Martha was hired as a wench for the royal family.
- During that era, young wenches were expected to perform household chores.
- She had to wench at the tavern to support her family.
- John decided to wench during his summer break to earn some extra money.
- After losing her job, Sarah reluctantly agreed to wench at the local pub.
- He always had a weakness for flirty wenches.
- The party was filled with lively wenches and charming lads.
- She cunningly played the role of a seductive wench to gain his attention.
Explore related products on Amazon.