Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun fuss has 4 senses
- dither, pother, fuss, tizzy, flap - an excited state of agitation; "he was in a dither"; "there was a terrible flap about the theft"
--1 is a kind of agitation
- fuss, trouble, bother, hassle - an angry disturbance; "he didn't want to make a fuss"; "they had labor trouble"; "a spot of bother"
--2 is a kind of perturbation, disturbance
- bicker, bickering, spat, tiff, squabble, pettifoggery, fuss - a quarrel about petty points
--3 is a kind of quarrel, wrangle, row, words, run-in, dustup
- bustle, hustle, flurry, ado, fuss, stir - a rapid bustling commotion
--4 is a kind of commotion, din, ruction, ruckus, rumpus, tumult
Verb fuss has 2 senses
- fuss, niggle, fret - worry unnecessarily or excessively; "don't fuss too much over the grandchildren--they are quite big now"
--1 is one way to worry
Sam and Sue fuss over the results of the experiment
- mother, fuss, overprotect - care for like a mother; "She fusses over her husband"
--2 is one way to care, give care
Somebody ----s somebody
=> Somebody ----s PP