Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun fare has 4 senses
- menu, fare - an agenda of things to do; "they worked rapidly down the menu of reports"
--1 is a kind of agenda, docket, schedule
- fare, transportation - the sum charged for riding in a public conveyance
--2 is a kind of charge
--2 has particulars:
- fare - a paying (taxi) passenger
--3 is a kind of passenger, rider
- fare - the food and drink that are regularly consumed
--4 is a kind of food, nutrient
--4 has particulars:
Verb fare has 2 senses
- do, fare, make out, come, get along - proceed or get along; "How is she doing in her new job?"; "How are you making out in graduate school?"; "He's come a long way"
--1 is one way to proceed, go
Something ----s Adjective/Noun
Somebody ----s Adjective
- fare - eat well
--2 is one way to eat