Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun elaboration has 5 senses
- amplification, elaboration - addition of extra material or illustration or clarifying detail; "a few remarks added in amplification and defense"; "an elaboration of the idea followed"
--1 is a kind of expansion, expanding upon
- refinement, elaboration - the result of improving something; "he described a refinement of this technique"
--2 is a kind of improvement, betterment, advance
- expansion, enlargement, elaboration - a discussion that provides additional information
--3 is a kind of discussion, treatment, discourse
--3 has particulars: expatiation; embellishment, embroidery
- elaborateness, elaboration, intricacy, involution - marked by elaborately complex detail
--4 is a kind of complexity, complexness
- elaboration, working out - developing in intricate and painstaking detail
--5 is a kind of development