Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun drafting has 3 senses
- drafting - writing a first version to be filled out and polished later
--1 is a kind of writing, authorship, composition, penning
- drafting, mechanical drawing - the craft of drawing blueprints
--2 is a kind of trade, craft
- drawing, draftsmanship, drafting - the creation of artistic drawings; "he learned drawing from his father"
--3 is a kind of art, artistic creation, artistic production
--3 has particulars: pyrography; tracing
Verb draft has 3 senses
- draft, outline - draw up an outline or sketch for something; "draft a speech"
--1 is one way to write, compose, pen, indite
Did he draft his major works over a short period of time?
- enlist, draft, muster in - engage somebody to enter the army
--2 is one way to enroll, inscribe, enter, enrol, recruit
Somebody ----s somebody
- blueprint, draft, draught - make a blueprint of
--3 is one way to design, plan
Somebody ----s something