Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun craft has 5 senses
- trade, craft - the skilled practice of a practical occupation; "he learned his trade as an apprentice"
--1 is a kind of occupation, business, job, line of work, line
--1 has particulars:
| ||airplane mechanics; auto mechanics; basketry; carpentry, woodworking, woodwork; drafting, mechanical drawing; dressmaking; electrical work; interior decoration, interior design; lumbering; masonry; painting, house painting; papermaking; piloting, pilotage; plumbing, plumbery; pottery; pyrotechnics, pyrotechny; shoemaking, shoe repairing, cobbling; roofing; sheet-metal work; shingling; tailoring; tool-and-die work; handicraft; mintage; tanning; typography; undertaking; upholstery; viniculture, winemaking|
- craft - a vehicle designed for navigation in or on water or air or through outer space
--2 is a kind of vehicle
--2 has particulars:
- craft, trade - people who perform a particular kind of skilled work; "he represented the craft of brewers"; "as they say in the trade"
--3 is a kind of class, social class, socio-economic class
- craft, craftsmanship, workmanship - skill in an occupation or trade
--4 is a kind of skill, accomplishment, acquirement, acquisition, attainment
--4 has particulars:
- craft, craftiness, cunning, foxiness, guile, slyness, wiliness - shrewdness as demonstrated by being skilled in deception
--5 is a kind of shrewdness, astuteness, perspicacity, perspicaciousness