Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun damage has 5 senses
- damage, harm, impairment - the occurrence of a change for the worse
--1 is a kind of change, alteration, modification
--1 has particulars:
- damage, equipment casualty - loss of military equipment
--2 is a kind of casualty
--2 has particulars:
- damage, harm, hurt, scathe - the act of damaging something or someone
--3 is a kind of change of integrity
--3 has particulars:
- price, terms, damage - the amount of money needed to purchase something; "the price of gasoline"; "he got his new car on excellent terms"; "how much is the damage?"
--4 is a kind of cost
--4 has particulars:
- wrong, legal injury, damage - a legal injury is any damage resulting from a violation of a legal right
--5 is a kind of wrongdoing, wrongful conduct, misconduct, actus reus