Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective clean has 18 senses
- clean - free from dirt or impurities; or having clean habits; "children with clean shining faces"; "clean white shirts"; "clean dishes"; "a spotlessly clean house"; "cats are clean animals"
Antonyms: dirty, soiled, unclean, bedraggled, draggled, befouled, fouled, begrimed, dingy, grimy, grubby, grungy, raunchy, bespattered, spattered, besplashed, splashed, black, buggy, dirty-faced, dusty, dust-covered, fecal, faecal, feculent, filthy, foul, nasty, flyblown, squalid, sordid, greasy, oily, lousy, mucky, muddy, scummy, smeared, smirched, smudged, smudgy, snotty, snot-nosed, travel-soiled, travel-stained, unswept, unwashed, maculate
- clean, clear - free of restrictions or qualifications; "a clean bill of health"; "a clear winner"
Antonym: qualified (indirect, via unqualified)
- clean, clear, light, unclouded - (of sound or color) free from anything that dulls or dims; "efforts to obtain a clean bass in orchestral recordings"; "clear laughter like a waterfall"; "clear reds and blues"; "a light lilting voice like a silver bell"
Antonym: impure (indirect, via pure)
- clean, fresh - free from impurities; "clean water"; "fresh air"
Antonym: impure (indirect, via pure)
- clean - without difficulties or problems; "a clean test flight"
Antonym: imperfect (indirect, via perfect)
- clean - ritually clean or pure
Antonyms: unclean, impure, defiled, nonkosher, tref, terefah, untouchable
- clean, uncontaminating - not spreading pollution or contamination; especially radioactive contamination; "a clean fuel"; "cleaner and more efficient engines"; "the tactical bomb is reasonably clean"
Antonyms: dirty, contaminating
- clean, unobjectionable - (of behavior or especially language) free from objectionable elements; fit for all observers; "good clean fun"; "a clean joke"
Antonyms: dirty, bawdy, off-color, ribald, dirty-minded, filthy, foul, nasty, smutty, foul-mouthed, foul-spoken, lewd, obscene, raunchy, salacious, scabrous, scatological, blasphemous, blue, profane
- uninfected, clean - free from sepsis or infection; "a clean (or uninfected) wound"
Antonym: septic (indirect, via antiseptic)
- clean, clean-living - morally pure; "led a clean life"
Antonym: immoral (indirect, via moral, amoral)
Antonyms: amoral, unmoral (indirect, via moral, immoral)
- clean, fair - (of a manuscript) having few alterations or corrections; "fair copy"; "a clean manuscript"
Antonym: illegible (indirect, via legible)
- blank, clean, white - of a surface; not written or printed on; "blank pages"; "fill in the blank spaces"; "a clean page"; "wide white margins"
Antonym: full (indirect, via empty)
- clean, sporting, sportsmanlike - marked by or calling for sportsmanship or fair play; "a clean fight"; "a sporting solution of the disagreement"; "sportsmanlike conduct"
Antonyms: unfair, unjust (indirect, via fair)
- clean - thorough and without qualification; "a clean getaway"; "a clean sweep"; "a clean break"
Antonyms: incomplete, uncomplete (indirect, via complete)
Antonym: incomplete (indirect, via complete)
- clean - (of a record) having no marks of discredit or offense; "a clean voting recor"; "a clean driver's license"
Antonym: blemished (indirect, via unblemished)
- clean - not carrying concealed weapons
Antonym: armed (indirect, via unarmed)
- clean, neat - free from clumsiness; precisely or deftly executed; "he landed a clean left on his opponent's cheek"; "a clean throw"; "the neat exactness of the surgeon's knife"
Antonym: maladroit (indirect, via adroit)
- clean - free of drugs; "after a long dependency on heroin she has been clean for 4 years"
Antonym: addicted (indirect, via unaddicted)
Noun cleaner has 3 senses
- cleansing agent, cleanser, cleaner - a preparation used in cleaning something
--1 is a kind of formulation, preparation
--1 has particulars: bathroom cleaner; dentifrice; detergent; shampoo; soap
- cleaner, dry cleaner - the operator of dry-cleaning establishment
--2 is a kind of shopkeeper, tradesman, storekeeper, market keeper
- cleaner - someone whose occupation is cleaning
--3 is a kind of laborer, manual laborer, labourer, jack
--3 has particulars: