Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective immoral has 5 senses
- immoral - violating principles of right and wrong
Antonyms: moral, chaste, clean, clean-living, moralistic, righteous, virtuous, incorrupt, amoral, unmoral, neutral, nonmoral
- base, dishonorable, dishonourable, immoral, unethical - not adhering to ethical or moral principles; "base and unpatriotic motives"; "a base, degrading way of life"; "cheating is dishonorable"; "they considered colonialism immoral"; "unethical practices in handling public funds"
Antonym: right (indirect, via wrong)
- immoral - morally unprincipled; "immoral behavior"
Antonym: principled (indirect, via unprincipled)
- bad, immoral - characterized by wickedness or immorality; "led a very bad life"
Antonym: good (indirect, via evil)
- depraved, immoral, perverse, perverted, reprobate - marked by immorality; deviating from what is considered right or proper or good; "depraved criminals"; "a perverted sense of loyalty"; "the reprobate conduct of a gambling aristocrat"
Antonym: incorrupt (indirect, via corrupt)