Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun bug has 5 senses
- bug - general term for any insect or similar creeping or crawling invertebrate
--1 is a kind of insect
- bug, glitch - a fault or defect in a system or machine
--2 is a kind of defect, fault, flaw
- bug - a small hidden microphone; for listening secretly
--3 is a kind of microphone, mike
- hemipterous insect, bug, hemipteran, hemipteron - insects with sucking mouthparts and forewings thickened and leathery at the base; usually show incomplete metamorphosis
--4 is a kind of insect
--4 is a member of Hemiptera, order Hemiptera
--4 has particulars:
- microbe, bug, germ - a minute life form (especially a disease-causing bacterium); the term is not in technical use
--5 is a kind of microorganism
Verb bug has 2 senses
- tease, badger, pester, bug, beleaguer - annoy persistently; "The children teased the boy because of his stammer"
--1 is one way to torment, rag, bedevil, crucify, dun, frustrate
They bug him to write the letter
- wiretap, tap, intercept, bug - tap a telephone or telegraph wire to get information; "The FBI was tapping the phone line of the suspected spy"; "Is this hotel room bugged?"
--2 is one way to listen in, eavesdrop
They want to bug the prisoners