Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun blaze has 5 senses
- blaze, blazing - a strong flame that burns brightly; "the blaze spread rapidly"
--1 is a kind of fire, flame, flaming
- hell, blaze - a cause of difficulty and suffering; "war is hell"; "go to blazes"
--2 is a kind of trouble
- hell, blaze - noisy and unrestrained mischief; "raising blazes"
--3 is a kind of mischief, mischief-making, mischievousness, deviltry, devilry, devilment, rascality, roguery, roguishness, shenanigan
- glare, blaze, brilliance - great brightness; "a glare of sunlight"; "the flowers were a blaze of color"
--4 is a kind of brightness
- blaze - a light-colored marking; "they chipped off bark to mark the trail with blazes"; "the horse had a blaze between its eyes"
--5 is a kind of marking
Verb blaze has 5 senses
- blaze - shine brightly and intensively; "Meteors blazed across the atmosphere"
--1 is one way to shine, beam
Lights blaze on the horizon
The horizon is blazeing with lights
- blaze away, blaze - shoot rapidly and repeatedly; "He blazed away at the men"
--2 is one way to shoot
- blaze - burn brightly and intensely; "The summer sun alone can cause a pine to blaze"
--3 is one way to burn, combust
- blaze, blaze out - move rapidly and as if blazing; "The spaceship blazed out into space"
--4 is one way to depart, part, start, start out, set forth, set off, set out, take off
Somebody ----s somebody PP
Somebody ----s something PP
- blaze - indicate by marking trees with blazes; "blaze a trail"
--5 is one way to mark
Somebody ----s something