Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective flaming has 4 senses
- ablaze, flaming - resembling flame in brilliance or color; "maple trees ablaze in autumn"; "flaming autumn leaves"
Antonyms: colorless, colourless (indirect, via colorful)
- ablaze, afire, aflame, aflare, alight, blazing, burning, flaming, on fire - lighted up by or as by fire or flame; "forests set ablaze (or afire) by lightning"; "even the car's tires were aflame"; "a night aflare with fireworks"; "candles alight on the tables"; "blazing logs in the fireplace"; "a burning cigarette"; "a flaming crackling fire"; "houses on fire"
Antonyms: unlighted, unlit (indirect, via lighted)
- bally, blinking, bloody, blooming, crashing, flaming, fucking - (used of persons) informal intensifiers; "what a bally (or blinking) nuisance"; "a bloody fool"; "a crashing bore"; "you flaming idiot"
Antonym: mitigated (indirect, via unmitigated)
- fiery, flaming - very intense; "a fiery temper"; "flaming passions"
Antonym: cold (indirect, via hot)
Noun flaming has 1 sense
- fire, flame, flaming - the process of combustion of inflammable materials producing heat and light and (often) smoke; "fire was one of our ancestors' first discoveries"
--1 is a kind of combustion, burning
--1 has particulars: blaze, blazing; flare